At Cakes, Chocolates and More... in Austin, Texas, our founder Irene Selby is a graduate of Otis/Parsons School of Design with a Bachelor in Fine Arts and a Major in Architectural Design. Irene Selby creates amazing designs that will make your special event a memory that will last forever. Her interest in designing custom cakes started at an early age. Over time, through encouragement and support from family and friends, she has developed her passion into an art. She first started creating her unique designs in 1995 as Noah's World. In 2004, Cakes, Chocolates and More... opened for business. "Where Art, Taste, and Design all come together."
Winner #1 Bakery in Austin A-List 2014 | Winner #2 Bakery in Austin A-List 2013
News and Press
2014 - 1st Place Winner -Austin A-List # 1 Bakery Austin Texas
2015 - 4th Place Winner -Austin A-List # 4 Best Cupcakes
2013 - 2nd Place Winner-Austin A-List # 2 Bakery Austin Texas
2013 - 5th Place Winner -Austin A-List # 5 Best Cupcakes
2011 - "Have Cake, Will Travel"-Food Network -Ashley Vicos South by Southwest Austin, Texas
2008 - 1st Place Winner - Chocolate Confections - Best Designer Handbag - The Domain Austin
2007 - Austin Monthly Homes-Summer 2007-The Ideal Settings
2006 - "Slices of Life" Austin American Statesman-by Kitty Crider
2006 - "My Mom's Cakes" by Noah Selby - Advantage Newsletter November 2006
2007 - "Closer Look: Cakes Chocolates and More" Community Impact Newsletter Rachel Youens
2006 - "KAPPA SETTINGS- Austin Country Club - Austin Texas
2005 - "Carving Confections" Austin American Statesman - by Kitty Crider
2005- Jane Greig - Austin American Statesman
- "She is talented! Irene is amazing! Great taste and impeccable detail in all of her creations!"-Maureen W."
- Love working with Cakes, Chocolates, and More! She's always up for the challenge... from a 3D Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cake to stunning wedding cakes. And don't let the "art" fool you... they taste even better!" -Ginny S.
- "I get a Cakes, Chocolates and More! cake for my son's birthday every year. The cakes are truly amazing in both their beauty and flavor,"- Tommy M.
- "Irene is so talented. She worked with us on short notice, and delivered a beautiful cake exactly as we had described to her over the phone. All of our guests loved it!"- Kristina J.
- "Amazing is the only way to describe what you get. The detail takes your breath away, and the taste is simply incredible. The one place in life you can have your cake and eat it too....and I love every "bit(e)" of it!"- Morgan R.
- "I think this lady is the most magnificent artiste extraordinaire with best cupcakes and definitely the best 3D cakes. A car was so good I actually thought she'd gone out and bought a new one. A cake! She can do anything. There is nothing too extreme. 3D cakes are her calling vote for her...I am!" - Annie S.